My favorite part of the song “The Wanderer” by Dion is how unrepentant he is about going from town to town sleeping with girls. If you recall, this is also the guy who sang “Runaround Sue,” easily the catchiest song about a guy telling everyone he knows to stay away from a girl because she is a slut. So, to recap:
Dion has anonymous sex with girls all over the country then ditches them = A-ok
Sue “goes out with other guys” = WHORE
My second favorite part of “The Wanderer” is the line “… and when she asks me which one I love the best, I tear open my shirt and I got ‘Rosie’ on my chest.” What an awesome and unnecessarily bold move.
GIRL: [laying in bed after a night of romance] Hey, I know this is a bit forward considering I have no idea what your name is, but of all the girls you’ve been with, which one do you love the best?
DION: [wordlessly tears off shirt and points to the “Rosie” tattoo on his chest]
GIRL: Oh. You could have just told me.
DION: [picking up shirt buttons off the floor] Yeah, I go through a lot of shirts.
- seafaringgypsy likes this
- misandristspook reblogged this from dangerguerrero and added:
- darlingsonthesplitscreen likes this
- dagotron likes this
- hickeycommamike said: I think the important thing to take from this is that Sue drove Dion to his life of wandering. He fell in love and his love still grows and she burned him. Now when he finds himself falling for some girl he hops right into that car of his and drives around the world. This is…
- footagenotfound likes this
- massmurdera likes this
- brevetcaptain said: I like the part in ‘Maybelline’ where Chuck Berry catches up to Maybelline in his V-8 Ford because the rain cools his motor down, then he beats the shit out of her and records her peeing.
- brevetcaptain likes this
- dangerguerrero posted this